Sharing The Love Around


An Act of Kindness

Someone This Girl knows posts words of inspiration on Facebook daily.  
She’s an 'Only Angels can compare to her' type of person. She has so much love and warmth for her loving and close family, and she is also overwhelmingly generous to those who don't have what she has.  
She gives not just her time, but her heart, and I reckon my world is a far better place for having her in it.

The other morning she posted this:
If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us face, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care . . . .

This has been on my mind for some time and I haven’t had the words to sum it up, until I saw this!

We all face challenges in our lives. It’s how we deal with them that make us who we are. It's also how others treat us on those days when we're feeling a bit vulnerable that can make a difference too.  

One time, I almost pulled out in front of another car. As luck would have it, I saw it at the last minute and stopped. Not that it made the woman in the other car happy, she stopped the car in front of me, mouthed a few, what I'm sure were horrible words to me, and drove off to wherever she was going in a pretty angry mood. She didn’t know that I was still a little lost in my thoughts from the funeral of a loved one the day before, but I was left feeling pretty miserable and like I’d been harshly rebuked for my mistake.

It’s led me to thinking about how little we know about what’s going on for someone else. This is not an excuse for being either rude or not conscientious, but it’s turned my mind to showing more graciousness.

For some, everyday is a struggle and the way we interact with them can be the difference between them being able to face life head on or withdraw into themselves!  

So I say, not just at this time of year when people are in the Christmas spirit but everyday, be kinder to those you encounter.
Look up and smile at that person that is walking past you, make small talk to the person in the elevator, say thank you to that person that is serving you at a shop or a bar or a restaurant. And before you think that they have slighted you, remember that you don’t really know what’s going on for them. It’s usually got a lot more to do with them that it does for you and showing them kindness can make a world of difference.
Kindness is my Christmas wish.