For more than a century, International Women’s Day has been celebrated each year on the 8 March. In many countries, it’s a recognised official holiday.
And why not?
Here in Hobart, we celebrate colonisation, an agricultural show with little actual agriculture, and something called a Regatta, which we’re led to believe is a boat race of sorts. Why not celebrate the most fabulous of the fabulous of the sexes?
If you can’t get the day off, here’s some ideas to celebrate our day:
- Ring your girlfriends and organise to go out for champas after work.
- Go look in your wardrobe and find your most favourite ensemble to
don. Strut ya stuff, grrl, you sexy!
- Get angry about discrimination, sexism and disadvantage that women
continue to experience. Do something about it!
- Go out in the world, and tell other women they rock!
- Believe in yourself and express your opinion!
- Whack your middle finger skywards and eat A LOT of cake.
- Look at yourself in the mirror. No… really…LOOK. You.
And remember, with all the frocks and fun in the world, go visit some people doing tremendous stuff for women:
Happy International Women’s Day from Two Girls About Town, xxxxx